In order to make the sessions run smoothly, we urge all speakers and workshop chairpersons to carefully ready the information below.
All rooms are equipped with a computer connected to a video beem.
If you have a digital presentation, for example a powerpoint, you must bring it with you on a USB memory stick, go to the session room during one of the breaks, and upload it to the computer.
A folder with your session’s name will be prepared and a volunteer will be present to assist. The file should be named according to the model "Abstractnumber_Firstname_Lastname". For example: "WS003_5_Anna_Smith". Please change the colon sign (:) in the abstract code for underscore (_).
The computers are PC with Windows. The programs used are the standard installations of MS PowerPoint 2010 and Adobe Reader 10.x.
The following file formats are supported:
If you accept that you presentation later will be made available on the internet by the conference organisers, please state so in the form provided by the volunteer.
It is also possible to bring your own laptop and connect it directly with the video beem.
Plenary and symposium speakers
Please go to the Speaker Room close to the registration desk. A technician will be available to help you upload your presentations, for example powerpoints, to the network. Members of the Local Programme Committee will also be present and glad to help.
Please name your file "Sessionname_Firstname_Lastname". For example: "Plenary3_Michael_Anderson", or "Symposium5_Eva_Westwood".
If you accept that you presentation later will be made available on the internet by the conference organisers, please state so in the form provided by the technician.
During the session, your presentation will be ready for you during the session. You will be able to control your presentation from the scene.
Se also above about supported file types.
Upload workshop presentations
- Plug in your USB memory stick into the computer.
- Find the folder of your session on the computer’s hard drive. It will be named according to the session code, for example "WS113".
- Copy the file from your USB memory stick to the folder.
- Make sure that the file is named according to the model "Abstractnumber_Firstname_Lastname" For example: "WS003_5_Anna_Smith". Please change the colon sign (:) in the abstract code for underscore (_).
- Remember to remove your USB memory stick!
Guidelines for workshop chairpersons
- welcome your speakers upon their arrival to the session room
- ensure that the session speakers follow the sequence order within the session
- introduce the speaker to the audience
- maintain timing for all talks and the session as a whole (see programme for exact timing)
- responsible for structuring discussions and questions after the talks
The allocated time for each speaker is 10 minutes, if the session has less than 8 speakers due to cancellations, use the time left in the end of the session for questions and discussions.
All presenters will, through the web site, be informed about the available AV-equipment. All presenters will upload their presentations in the session room during one of the breaks before the session starts.
A session room volunteer and a session room technician (on call) will assist you and the speakers during the session.